I made this cute 3-minute video in Text-to-Movie:
"We have lived our lives by the assumption that what was good for us
would be good for the world. We have been wrong. We must change our
lives so that it will be possible to live by the contrary assumption,
that what is good for the world will be good for us. And that requires
that we make the effort to know the world and learn what is good for
- This simple system is vegetarian, organic when not prohibitively expensive, low on wheat and dairy but not lacking a molecule of either.
- Packaged food is avoided, but not banned.
- Local food in season is given priority, mostly as a practice for the possibility of future contractions in food distribution.
- Milk is used sparingly. The book The China Study cooled me off on dairy.
- Eggs are used mostly for for baking – in my case from small mixed farmers whose chickens have a life.
- I make yogurt to keep the yeast in check, say no more.
- The name 10 in 10 Diet was based on the 10:10 Global.org campaign, which was reducing carbon footprint 10% in 2010. Now, since the name seems to have stuck, it's about 10% and 10 key points.
My methods are as important as the ingredients in creating a lifestyle of mindful cooking. Just as restaurants train line cooks in specific procedures, I'm providing my efficient ways.
You can take all the anxiety out of vegetarian nutrition, food spending, snacking, and cooking. This frees up space in your mind, money in your pocket and time in your day.
Read more about how I reached this point here.